Thursday, February 15, 2007

The Valentine, Part 2: Apex

Stand with me now, here, together, under this arch, before the altar.
The fading light filters between the tall trees in nature's home
In this place we have chosen to bond ourselves, to forswear all others
Lovely.
And the aged lady before us speaks in measured tone, long-rehearsed and spoken lines
I don't hear her, but only see your downcast eyes suddenly dart to my face.
You are remembering this moment, a snapshot forever emblazoned in your mind that, when you call upon it, will remember in a fiery and instant moment
This; This is mine, forever mine, and mine alone.
So lovely.
Lights strung from bough to bough flicker to life and the cascading laughs of drunken revelers
rises and rises and rises.
And you face me, lie your head on my shoulder, veil long cast off, long train wrapped carefully in a corner. You put your head on my shoulder, close your eyes.
Ever lovely.

1 comment:

ChickyBabe said...

Truly lovely.

But... no kiss?