Tuesday, March 28, 2006

With me



With my arms, I bore you up as if you were a child, and spun you around, whirling, whirling around and holding you close, enfolding you and encompassing you. With my arms I gestured to you and beckoned you to join me again amongst the bright white sheets, where love was proved and would be again. With my arms I provide for you, and hope that they may never grow weary.



With my shoulders, I leaned hard against those things that would seek to break you from the dream that we had created. With my shoulders I gave you a place to lean and rest your head when you slumbered, or wept, or laughed. With my shoulders, I held you up on a pedistal, far above the crowd that milled around us, and your gaze went out for miles.



With my back, I carried those loads that were necessary; though they left me scarred, I would do it again with you. With my back, I was pressed against the bed by the weight of you on me, our bodies together again. With my back, I carried the stones that built our house, our refuge from the rest of the world.


With my heart, I was finally able to drink from that deep well of love, and slaked what I thirsted for until we were together. With my heart, I vowed to keep you as mine own, and committed myself to you for all time. With my heart, I loved you.

With me, we are one. With you, I can do anything.

2 comments:

Fatma said...

Man, you write well!
Married since 2004... :-)
That you on the pics?

Really, its beautiful...

Fitèna

ChickyBabe said...

Oh this is so beautiful... my turn to be speechless. You write about love with such eloquence and warm feelings; I'm just in awe.

I have to admit though that I had to read this post again without looking at the photos, and it gave it a different meaning. But why tease us with blurred shots?? ;)